What is DOJO?
A place under a bodhi tree where it is said that Sakyamuni (Buddha) attained spiritual enlightenment. A place buddhist monks practice Buddhism such as a temple. A place where a group of people stay mainly to discipline themselves.
A dojo is where you practice and train the way of anything, as long as the way leads you to enlightenment.
What is enlightenment, you may ask. I must tell you the truth.
rinI do not know. I am still on the way to get there. I am just like you, a person who pursues the way of Karate-Do.
A dojo is a place where we discipline ourselves and improve ourselves to be a better person. A dojo could be anywhere in this sense. Your home can be a dojo too. A Home Yard can be a dojo too. Bow to the dojo when you come in. Bow to the dojo when you go out. Show your respect and appreciation to dojo.
If you are not able to perform a bow to anything or anyone, then you must come up with something that shows respect. Why? If you do not do anything, no one can tell if you are showing your respect and appreciation to dojo or people.
Principles of Practice
The purpose of karate training is to discipline the mind and body and to master the art of Self Defense. A karate practitioner should be well-mannered and modest, value courtesy, always wear decent clothing, pay attention to his speech and actions and work hard at training day and night A karate practitioner must never call upon his strength in a quarrel, speak harshly, act roughly, or become troublesome to others. A karate practitioner must never bring shame upon himself or his school in ether speech or action. A karate practitioner must never speak arrogantly, fall into laziness, or act conceitedly. He should endeavor to work diligently at training and improving himself. A karate practitioner should respect decorum and the martial arts, maintain the fine traditions of karate and contribute to society.
[ Code of Honor ]
- Never forget the spirit of first beginnings (Will/Determination)
- Be Sincere in your Learning.Keep the heart pure and the fist sacred with strong spirit.
- Work hard to perfect your character.Live a plain and simple life.
- Do not criticize, everyone is an individual.Don’t depend on other people for that which is already within yourself.
- Be courteous in mind and heart, respect the teachers who have taught you, and be grateful.
- In daily life, they must always behave well. They must not be hot-blooded or quarrel with anyone.Make intelligent judgments, carry out struggles with perseverance and act with alertness.
- Be self-confident, self-controlled, modest and generous.
- Treat a person with respect and you will gain respect.
- Have respect for other martial art schools, only use martial art skills for self-defense and protect justice.
- Do not become angry. He who is easily angered often loses courage at important moments.
- Practice to the best of your ability and everyone will benefit.
Principal of Renbukai
MOTO OF RENBUKAI
The place of clean heart and strong spirit,
If you have a clean heart and strong spirit, you can push yourself to reach your dreams.
*Dojo Kun(Dojo Oath )*
RENBUKAI KARATE-DO DARUMA JUKU
1. “To practice karate there must be harmony amongst all people”.
We want a better world, we want love and harmony amongst people no matter what color you are, what race or what background you come from or sexual orientation.
a) find harmony in disharmony
b) work is life and life is work
c) don’t live someone else’s life
d) don’t be a know-it-all, be a learn-it-all.
e) do it with passion
f) find your sparkle
g) life is not a rehearsal
h) make good sleep, nutrition & exercise is part of your daily life. Good relationship build happy lives.
2. “To practice karate there must be courtesy at all times”.
The first point of courtesy must be truth. Courtesy while you’re thinking what to say. The path of martial arts begins and end with courtesy. So be genuinely polite on every occasion.
3. “ To practice karate there must be self-control”.
Self control is the only possible road to character development. The main factor behind success is self control.
Self discipline begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don’t control what you think, you can’t control what you do.
Is a goal you must set,
Is a target you must meet,
Learn to control “YOU”.
4. “To practice karate from one thing you must learn ten thousand times”.
The martial way begins with one thousand days and is mastered after ten thousand days of training.
Trust the process.
Your time is coming. Just do the work and the results will handle themselves. Whole life have a balance, everything be better. Great things come out of patience.